Monday, September 10, 2012

To Comment or not to comment Thing 4

In this great big online world that we are all part of, commenting is seen as a communication tool.  It opens the door to a back and forth interaction between several individuals.  Like everything else in life, there seems to be some unwritten rule for commenting. To not comment on something a friend posts is considered rude, and SO IS RESPONDING IN ALL CAPS.  Commenting is, at its simplest terms, providing feed back to the original poster.  Just think of how boring Facebook would be if nobody commented.  Pretty grim.  I comments on my required 5 students pages, and maybe it is because of my slightly advanced age, or maybe it's my good nature, but i found myself commenting positive and uplifting responses to individuals.  I think life does a good job of kicking the crap out of all of us, so kind words and positive affirmation goes a long way.

I found so many different blogs that I am really interested in, but I managed to pick only three to follow.Two are for professional development and knowledge in my given field of Special education, and one is a fun one about Legos.  The first SPED one is Special Education Strategies and more (http://michellespecialeducation.blogspot.com/).  This is a great blog from a 16 year SPED teacher in Florida.  She gives great advice on different classroom management techniques, games to play and activities to do in the class.  This is a blog that I can learn enormous amounts of information from.  The second professional one is Accessible Technology Tips (http://attips.posterous.com/).  The person that runs the blog is a accessible technology guru. She has numerous websites for teachers, professional type people and parents.  this is another great resource to learn from. My fun blog is a Lego one (http://legoisfun.blogspot.com) is my guilty pleasure.  I learn new things from the blog and then go home and build them with my young son.  The blogs I commented on, I thanked them for sharing the information and projects that could help me to be a better teacher.

Now that I have my eyes opened about the shear number of blogs that are available, I will take any opportunity I have to seek out blogs that can help me in my profession, and who knows maybe in a few years I'll have my own blog helping new SPED teachers.  Crazier things have happened.

1 comment:

  1. I love your comment about the unwritten rule of commenting. I never thought of what it would be like if nobody ever commented on anything on facebook.

    ReplyDelete