Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Thing 11 Searchinig for good feeds.
Searching for good feeds can be like searching for a needle in a haystack. Sometimes you get lucky, and other times you wander aimlessly around the vast internet searching. There are many feed search engines, but some are confusing and difficult to navigate with. I found that Google Blog search and Technorati to be easy to use and a tool that will return reasonable feeds. I like the way that Technorati is set up, and was able to find all the like groups. This is vastly different from Google Blog search, where it is simply a search box. Topix.net was the most confusing and hardest to use. I did not care for it at all. While using Technorati I found many different Special Education blogs that could be useful for me in the future. As far as weird sites, there are too many to list. There are every kinds of crazy, whacked out conspiracy theories and other weird things too. If I didn't use Technorati, I just searched with Google or Yahoo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment