The magical RSS feeds. I always wondered exactly what they were, but I never had the need to actively find out anything about it, that is until now. My first impression of this feed system was not a positive one, I just figured lots of junk would be sent to my Google reader. Since the class required active participation, I persisted and found out that there is a lot of pretty cool feeds. I changed the way I look at the RSS feeds. Instead of being just another pain in the neck school project to do, I now look at it like a gill net that catches a wide variety of information. I found that the more specific I tried to get the feeds, the better quality that I would get. I picked a variety of feeds to follow, selecting both personal hobbies and future profession feeds. Signing up to follow them was a breeze, now I just need to make sure to check them daily.
Using this new tool in both my personal and professional life is going to make data collection much easier. New teachers will be able to gather mass quantities of subject specific information with the current tips, tricks and trends that are being used around the world. Using these feeds is like having a direct line to the different teachers, and classrooms to share and collaborate with one another.
This is a piece of information technology that I plan to start using more in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment