Monday, September 10, 2012

Think 5 - the 2.0 movement

So I am reading all of the 2.0 links, and I find myself reading the same basic story being told by different people and websites.  The 2.0 movement/phenomenon/whatever at its most basic definition is utilizing computers and social media to connect people and ideas around the world.  The social media websites are growing at an amazing rate, and some of the larger ones seem to spin off others.  Just look at the rate of growth for Facebook.  Myspace was the king of social media and it just seemed one day people lost interest in it and moved to the next great thing.  This is something we as teachers need to grasp a hold of, we are moving into a more technology based teaching style.  I'm sure the teachers of years back had heartburn when classes moved from chalkboards to whiteboards, and this is just something some of us old students have to become comfortable with. School 2.0 is going to be an ever evolving process of improving technology in the classroom and in the individual lessons.  I personally have a hard time with some of the technology, but I am learning and coming into the 21st century. 

No comments:

Post a Comment