Friday, September 14, 2012

Thing 9 Funny Stuff





The comic strip generator that I used was Txt2pic. There were so many funny cartoons that can be modified, it was a hard choice.  These funny tongue in cheek kind of humorous things really makes me smile.  I love seeing things like this come across my facebook feed.  I think the reason I like these so much is the situation depicted in the cartoon along with the kernel of truth that is in the words. These type of cartoons can be used either in newsletters or on a web page for the class.  You can also use these website with the students and have them create their own funny cartoon.  Below is one of my newest favorites.  It's funny because the military student or veteran is usually one of the older students and most of us feel like we're in school with a bunch of little kids.



5 comments:

  1. Your thought bubbles are very funny, and who doesn't love Billy Madison?! Nice use of imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Derek!!! I love the Billy Madison cartoon! This is just hilarious! Also, who can't relate to the joy of knowing you have a sub?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Back to school, back to school, to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool..."

    Anyway, I never thought of using comics in newsletters for parents and students. It would grab their attention much more than a boring heading with the school and class names.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cartoons! I think allowing students to use generators to create comics in the classroom is a great idea! It will allow them to express their creativity without the intimidation of having to draw. It can also allow younger students to create stories and infer emotions and a plot from a few images!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Billy Madison cartoon, it made me chuckle! I think that allowing your students to create their own cartoons could be a very fun activity to use in the classroom. I also think as a teacher you would get a good laugh grading what your students came up with!

    ReplyDelete