Monday, November 12, 2012

Thing 16 - Helpers for college people

I always enjoy finding new ways to help me become more productive, or keeping a handle on what is due when in what class.  See, I'm a bit of a old fashioned person, I firmly believe in pads of paper with Honey-dos  things to accomplish written on them. This is a good system, until a family member needs a pad of paper, and then my list is gone. The online or virtual to do list is a great alternative, and the kids can't carry it away.  I modified my iGoogle start page, and added some widgets to it.  Some of them will help with productivity, and others like the googly eyes are there for the sheer entertainment value.  Google calendar is still my favorite to use, and I like the fact calendar alerts are sent to my cell phone.  I looked at Tada list and Jott, both of which have ceased to exist, but found Remember the milk, which is running strong.  It will marry up to several different applications, or can be used as an app, with both PCs and Macs.  I added the app to my Google calendar so I can make very specific to do lists and even prioritize them.  The one downfall to this entire process is inputting the information.  One of the reasons to get and use these tools is to help streamline your tasks, calendar, or honey do's, but if you never remember to put the information in, the programs are worthless to you.  There are many great and helpful programs in the thing 16 instructions, but you have to figure out which ones will work for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment