Thursday, August 30, 2012
Thing 3
Knowledge is power. Blogs are just words on a computer screen. Meaningless and worthless unless they convey some knowledge or entertainment. Blogs can be used by students in the education field for the exchange of knowledge both with instructors and classmates. These blogs can also be used as a mentoring tool for lower level students and even young teachers by mentors. One tidbit I learned in class was blogs can be used in conjunction with a resume in order to give a complete picture of the person. Once a teacher is hired, blogs can be used to give classroom information and share pictures of students with parents, and administration. These blogs can be used as a proof of professional development and as an example of what the teacher is capable of. Future teachers, new teachers and fellow teachers can use the blog to get information and ideas from one another, as well as sharing their own ideas with others. I think I am beginning to understand the popularity of these blogs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Knowledge is everywhere and in anything, all that changes is the context. I agree with you however, the use of blogs in the schools is great. Teachers should be using blogs in the classroom every day.
ReplyDelete