Thursday, August 30, 2012
Thing 2
This was my first attempt at creating a blog. I never did it because who wants to listen to the rants of an old man? When choosing the name of the blog, I used my nickname and added the blogging. I tried to name my blog Captain's blog, but it was already taken. I really think that this website made the whole setting up a blog very easy. The hardest part was making the avatar and using the different sites to create the blog. My avatar is a mixture of who I am. The chef hat or toque, represents my love of cooking and my families involvement in the food service business. The camouflage shirt represents the military tradition in my family, and honors those who have given the ultimate sacrifice. I made the avatar as close to my likeness as possible, but there wasn't any Fu Manchu mustaches. I decided to make my avatar as close to my likeness because people should know who they are talking to. The internet is a very anonymous place where people misrepresent themselves everyday, but I am saying here I am, and I'm really me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I enjoyed your perspective on the matter of sharing your actual self rather than some made of character. Too many, making up some imaginary avatar seems like a "fun" route. Maybe its my inability to be creative, or possibly the same mentality you shared - its better to be yourself then pretend.
ReplyDeleteI like that you made your avatar as a depiction of who you are on the inside instead exactly how you look in really life or something outrageous and irrelevant like some others tend to do
ReplyDelete